Party-pooper: n. A person who ruins a party by either stopping the fun or not participating in a certain activity
Patriot: n. One who loves, supports, and defends one’s country
The Texas Republican party is such a joke. Half of them love America so much that now the Democrats are in charge they want to take their marbles and go home. Markos’ post was so priceless today that I give you the whole thing:
We now know that half of Texas’ Republicans want to secede from the United States. So I have some questions for that crowd:
- Are you flying an American flag? Because you don’t get to do that when you cry and take your ball home.
- Do you have a bumper sticker that says, “These colors don’t run”? Because it sure looks like you’re running.
- Do you still pretend that your party is the “Party of Lincoln”? If so, what part of Lincoln exactly, would that be?
- Since you’ve spent the last eight years saying “America, love it or leave it”, is that an admission that you don’t love America? Because we liberals loved it and stayed, even when your idiot of a president was trashing the place.
- Was your patriotism (My country, right or wrong) so skin-deep, that it depended 100 percent on the guy in the White House?
- That $200 billion Texas got in defense contracts between 2000 and 2007? No more of that. No more Ft. Hood. No more NASA. No more federal largesse. You okay with that?
You do realize that the Cowboys will no longer be “America’s Team”, right? Though they’d dominate the two-team Texas Football League (TFL).